Thursday, January 7, 2016

The modded Harley Benton ready to rock

Restrung with a Dean Markley Custom Light 9-46 set, with action, neck relief and intonation all set up as best I could, my Vintage Burst Harley Benton SC-450Plus Vintage Series not only looks a bit better than it did out of the box, but it also plays incredibly better and smoother. A real joy to behold as well as to look at:
Buying this guitar was a truly great decision.
And here's a little soundbite. It's running throught the drive channel of my Blakcstar HT5 ministack (Reverb 5.5, ISF 2, Trebble 6.5, Mid 6, Bass 4.5, Volume 2, Gain 6):

Just a few more pictures to conclude this series of posts.
If I didn't have one, I'd want to buy one right now.
Dressing up that trussrod cover was really worth it,
And there she hangs proudly on the wall next to my Gibson Les Paul Standard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have been enjoying your blog today, it is very well written and the pics are great. I found you through your You Tube channel, as I was searching for HB video reviews, and some of yours, being fairly recent, were near the top. I have just ordered three Harley Bentons myself BTW!
    Please feel free to check out my newish forum and also to give your own fine blog a mention in there. The forum is at: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Asian_Guitar_Club/index/

    Cheers
    Thunderbird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice job :-)
    Thanks for the tips as to what to look for, what to do about any problems and where best to spend my time sorting them. I'm just about to invest in one of these babies (the HoneyBurst, with coil taps) - I've always hankered after a Les Paul and this looks to be the perfect guitar for me. Can't wait....

    ReplyDelete